Friday, September 13, 2013

Musings of a bunny named Leia

There is nothing cooler than having a pet bunny. I know because I’v had one  for about as long as I can remember. What’s cool about them is  they’re like tiny hairy people. Every bunny has a different personality, attention span, favorite food, eating schedule, neediness level… the list could go on forever. My current (and favorite) bunny, Leia, is the moodiest, hungriest, most curious bunny I’v ever met.

One minute she’ll be prancing around for my attention, next thing I know her claws are tangled in my hair.



Since Leia is a growing girl who needs tons of exercise, I try to let her run around the house at least once a day (which is loads of fun for the both of us.) The only problem is that she climbs on everything, chews on our fake fruit, and is very easy to hit with the refrigerator door.


Whenever I make the extra effort to take her to the park, she will only stare at me and bury herself under my knees.


At first, I thought maybe she was afraid of being outside but when I took her to the beach for the first time, she went bananas. She ate all the dry palm leaves, ran through every sand dune, she even got one of those annoying pinchy plants stuck in her fur. What she seemed to enjoy the most though, was the sand. Once she felt the sand between her claws, she began digging. And digging. And digging.


I let her dig and play in the sand all day,she definitely would have. I eventually had to put her away when I noticed a couple of seagulls eyeing her. My guess is they wanted to carry her off to their nest on some faraway mountain.
~
I’ll bet you’re wondering if Leia and I spend our days adventuring. We don’t. I have to go to school and stuff. This is one of the things she does when she thinks I’m not looking.




If curiosity killed the cat, it makes bunnies eat their own poop.

After about two years of living with Leia I have come to accept her… eccentricity. I have grown to love her and enjoy her company more than anyone else’s. Leia is my best friend and her bunny kisses are better than anyone’s in the universe.




*Note* These bunny kisses do not happen directly after she has eaten her poop.





2 comments:

  1. Dayana, your posts are absolutely adorable. Don't use your first and last name--too much personal information.
    LTD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are to die for! They really are super entertaining and funny. They really made my day. Plus, the drawings you did are really delightful.

    ReplyDelete